Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Still Looking For a Solid Download Manager For Mac

I am an avid rapidshare downloader, and even though I can get by using Safari, I prefer a download manager to allow me to browse and load files and not download all of them at the same time. Also, I prefer that the download manager watch the clipboard for rapidshare links. Saves so much time.

Today I tried two different programs, both pretty disappointing. First, JDownloader. This program initially looked OK, but after using it for a little bit, I encountered many bugs, and really didn't enjoy the interface. I went on to download iGetter. This program seems good, but is $25. I tried to download a crack on rapidshare, but somehow iGetter is the only company in the world that can block the use of their cracked program. My other solution is through VMware, and that works pretty well, but I rather just keep everything native Macintosh on my Mac. Anyways, the search continues as I refuse to actually purchase programs, and download managers should be free! I'll keep you posted if I am able to come up with something better. Please leave comments if you know a good rapidshare download manager for mac.

No comments: