Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Problem Installing Windows XP and Vista with Bootcamp on New Aluminum 2.4 Macbook


As much as I like VMWare, I can't resist installing Windows on my new Macbook in order to at least test out how well it can run games. Today I initially wanted to install XP on the bootcamp partition, but in the start of the setup, before even bringing up a Windows screen, the machine freezes with a blank screen with a white blinker at the top corner. I gave the computer 20 minutes, rebooted into OS X, and then ran a bootcamp installation with Vista. After successfully installing Vista, I was going to insert my Apple disc to install the correct drivers when my machine restarted, and then failed to boot up Windows. The error said the partition is bad and to use Windows to partition the drive.

I know the Windows installs are good because they work with VMWare. I can't get a bootcamp install to work. I haven't tried Vista install again, but what I am thinking is that I'll use VMWare to partition the drive in Windows, and then maybe I can get a successful install. I would prefer XP, but if I have to use Vista, whatever. Personally, I think Vista looks better than XP and besides the annoying pop-ups and random error messages, I like it. Anyhow, I'll post in comments when I resolve this.

No comments: