Saturday, December 13, 2008

Getting To It --Problems with Bootcamp

I installed bootcamp looking to try and run some games on my new macbook 2.4ghz. Unfortunately, the Windows install I had froze up during the install and after trying to get it to work I failed to do so. Upon starting up my macbook, the Windows startup disk that the install had begun loading on was the default start up disk. I powered down the machine and then booted up while holding down the ALT/OPTION key, and chose to boot my Macintosh HD. After loading back into OS X, I deleted the bootcamp partition via bootcamp assistant, and then when I rebooted, my system STILL tried to startup in Windows. I rebooted using the same alt/option method, got into my system and went to system preferences. From there I went to start up disk where the only option is my Macintosh HD. Strange problem, probably need to reformat. Anyways, I am going to be putting in a solid state hard drive soon so I will not be resolving this problem. Just wanted to post it so the problem is out there. 

techno-fat

No comments: